The people of Ibulesoro in Ifedore Local Government area of Ondo State have appealed to the state government to attend to the issue of installation of their new king which its process had begun since June 2019.
Addressing journalists today to express her loss of interest in ruling over the Community, the Regent, Princess Moyinoluwa Falowo explained that she was not satisfied with the silence of the government’s representatives involved in the installation process, noting that she couldn’t bear it any longer as it was affecting her personal life.
Princess Falowo who expressed her readiness to vacate the stool and continue with her normal life as soon as possible, told journalists that election of a new king had earlier been scheduled for August 19, 2019 when government approved the use of the available three kingmakers but was cancelled a day to the election.
Explaining further, she said she was later told that some people protested against the use of three kingmakers who are still alive out of the six kingmakers of the community, which made the Government to write the families of the deceased three kingmakers to present Representatives as Warrant Chiefs who would perform the task.
She narrated further that the three families submitted the names to the community and was forwarded to the local government for onward transfer to the state government for approval.
The Regent, however noted that months after the submission the community didn’t get an approval and later heard rumour that two separate lists emanated from her people.
Princess Falowo who said the situation had now become a great concern for her, due to how it was been dragged, said, although there was no evidence before her to prove that two lists were actually submitted, begged the governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN, to quickly intervene and know what is causing the delay.
The Regent, who described Akeredolu as a leader with a listening ear and good father, said only him could rescue her from the crisis surrounding the installation of a new king, while referring to Owo town where the process was done peacefully within a very short period of time.
According to her, the decision to call on the government had no political interest but that they wanted progress and development, saying that the community was ripe for a new king after the stool became vacant on March 29, 2019.
She disclosed that one of the aspirants had taken the issue of the double lists to court, saying however, that if Government intervene today by telling the community the reason behind the delayed approval of the names, the plaintiff would definitely withdraw the case and yield to the government’s directive.
She added that although she was aware of the political activities taking the time of the governor due to the forthcoming Gubernatorial election, she couldn’t wait till September and pleaded with the governor to call those in charge of the process to do the right thing as soon as possible.
Seven people from the ruling houses were said to be contesting for the Olugbule of Ibule.