COMMUNIQUÉ AT THE END OF THE EMERGENCY MEETING OF CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONAL LEADERS HELD TODAY 7/4/2020 AT ST. DAVID’S CATHEDRAL, AKURE.
The meeting was called to review the current situation in the state and rub minds on how to hold Easter Sunday worship service as graciously permitted by the Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN.
The following decisions were reached:
(1) The leaders appreciated the Governor for steps taken so far to contain the spread of Corona virus (COVID-19) in the state
(2) The leaders agreed to adhere to hand washing with soap, water and sanitizers
(3) It was also agreed that social distancing will be maintained
(4) We also agreed to break services to limit crowd; 20 people in a small Church building, 50 in a medium size while big and cathedrals must maintain 3 congregants on a pew.
(5) It was agreed that services will hold between 7a.m. and 12noon.
(6) The leaders agreed to pray more than ever before for the Church, Ondo State & Nigeria
(7) It was agreed that ONLY Easter Sunday service (12th April, 2020) will be observed as agreed between the Governor and the Christian leaders
(8) Members are to continue with syndicated services in their houses ( Family fellowship)
(9) The leaders agreed to prevail on their members not to POST video of the Easter Sunday worship activities on the social media
(10) It was also agreed that the CAN Task Force at State & Local government levels will be activated to monitor compliance
(11) The leaders agreed that each Pastor will be held responsible for violation of any of the decisions reached.
We shall continue to update you from time to time.
Thank you all and Happy Easter Celebration.
Rev DR AYO OLADAPO