The attention of the Governing Council Chair of the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Barrister Banji Alabi has been drawn to several orchestrated lies flying round the social media space as promoted by a certain Mr Ijawoye, the self acclaimed Chairman of the ASUP in the institution.
Ordinarily, such rantings shouldn’t be dignified with any response considering the pedigree of the personality promoting the lies but the students, workers of the Polytechnic as well as the good people of Ondo State deserve the right information at all times. Most of the comments and pictures painted about RUGIPO on the social media, cannot be justified by the facts on ground.
The Chairman Of Council Barrister Banji Alabi was already quite comfortable, very successful and rich before venturing into politics
Ladies & Gentlemen : it is important to note the following:
- It is an open secret that the activities of ASUP in the Polytechnic has been suspended for a while and so the said Ijawoye parading himself as Chairman of the Association is speaking from the point of illegality.
- Not a dime belonging to the Polytechnic has been illegally deposited into the Governing Council Chairman or any of the Council member’s account. It would be nice if Mr Ijawoye can back his claims with relevant documents indicating such transactions. He who alleged must prove
- That buying official cars for Council Chairman and principal officers are statutory and in this instance the Polytechnic did NOT buy brand new cars BUT fairly used cars and was bought as appropriated in the Polytechnic’s yearly budget.
- That the allegation of misappropriation of money by the said Mr Ijawoye is not only laughable but depicts the rantings of a drowning man.
- That the Polytechnic Management remains committed to the welfare of its workers at all times and would do everything possible to ensure that they are adequately taken care of always.
- That Government is not unaware that this latest attempt to discredit the Governing Council and the Polytechnic management is deliberately orchestrated to promote certain elements eyeing the seats of Principal officers of the Polytechnic in the ongoing recruitment exercise.
- That the Governing Council has confidence in the leadership of the Acting Rector, Mr Gani Ogundahunsi just as he is eminently qualified to apply for the position of the substantive Rector of the institution.
- That Mr Ijawoye should rather save his energy by approaching the various anti graft agencies rather than his nauseating rantings on social media since he claims to be in possession of various incriminating documents.
The support of Barrister Banji Alabi , and that of his entire team on Council, for Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu and their interest for the larger Owo kingdom and that of Ondo State in general is, borne out of their genuine love embedded in truth and thorough services to humanity as the bed-rock of life. They believe in what is good for the system and that is what they are working hard to achieve.
S. O. Ojo
Director of Public Relations & Protocol