…moves to fix 250 communities’ boreholes, roads, and electricity
The member representing Owo/Ose federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon. Timehin Adelegbe, on Saturday empowered about 200 members of his constituency with cash ranging between N10,000 and N30,000. This seems to be unprecedented in the Federal Constituency over the years.
He also used the medium to announced 29 people as his personal aides, who were appointed from all the towns and communities that make up the Federal constituency.
He released the lists at the weekend during a meeting in Ifon the headquarters of Ose Local Government area of Ondo State.
At the meeting, which had leaders and members of the All Progressive Congress party of the local government in attendance, Adelegbe disclosed that the abandoned 250 boreholes would be fixed soon.
According to him, the Dam at Idoani would soon be resuscitated. He added that he is working in collaboration with Ondo State Water Corporation.
He noted that he has been able to inform the Federal Ministry of Water Resources about the challenge faced by his constituents to easily get portable water.
Otunba Adelegbe further informed the people about his efforts notifying the Ministry of Rural Development on the need to repair Sekere and Ute roads, in order to alleviate the suffering of the people.
He noted that the Ministry is well-informed about the condition of the roads and its representatives have come to measure the roads, assuring that work would soon commence, adding that Imeri/Okene road would also be fixed.
On Ogbese Bridge, Adelegbe noted that it has been awarded 11 years ago, but due to the incompetence of the Contractor handling it, the project was cancelled.
He informed that he has drafted a letter and appealed to the Ministry in charge and it would be fixed.
On electrification, the Lawmaker said some Communities with no electricity have been identified, noting that some camps in Ireakari axis and Central of the local government have been measured, saying the Consultants have come up with their reports and it will be done.
In Ifon, Ute, and Okeluse, he disclosed that some of these communities are indebted to the tune of N49million electricity bill.
He however assured that the project which would cost nothing less than N10million, would be executed.
He hinted that after the electricity has been restored for a week, a committee on task force will be constituted to collect the money.
Adelegbe who said his salary is not for personal enjoyment; expressed his commitment to complement the developmental strides in his constituency.
On employment, the Lawmaker said, though many of the job recruitments are done online, he would push those who submitted their documents to him for consideration.
Leaders in attendance were the Stae Atorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Kola Olawoye, SAN, Prince Adelanke Odogiyan, Local Government Party Chairman, Mr. Ladi Tenabe, former Local Government Chairman Mr. Oredola, the Caretaker Chairman Ose LG Dr. Anthony Modupe.
Others were member Ondo state House of Assembly Hon. Sola Oluyede, Chief Olatunji Oshati (Maxima), Special Assistant to the Governor on Political, Olusola Okun, Special Assistant to the Governor on Mobilization, Oladimeji (Eru), Special Assistant to the Governor on Natural Resources Fatai Shina, and party members.
They appreciated Otunba Adelegbe for the life-touching gesture he has for his Constituency.
Below are the names of the 29 aides.
- Gbenga Bolorunduro Stanley – Legislative Aide Owo
- Bobade Omolade – Legislative Aide Ose
- Oluwabusola Hellen – Secretary Owo
- Makanjuola – Personal Assistant Ose
- Olushina Esq – Senior Legislative Aide
- Wale Akingbade- Special Assistant on Media & Publicity Ose
- Augustine Sasere – Special Assistant on Political Affairs Ose
- Tunde Adetula – Special Assistant on Special Duties Owo
- Odogun Daisi – Special Assistant on Mobilization Ose
- Oyegoke Olamiposi – Special Assistant on Youth/Elders Council Owo
- Oladele Oladotun – Special Assistant on Special Duties Ose
- Yusuf Jamiu – Special Assistant on Mobilization Owo
- Alade Samuel – Special Assistant on Micro Credit Scheme Ose
- Bello Olanrewaju – Special Assistant on Sports Owo
- Aisida Monday – Special Assistant on Sports Ose
- Yakubu Abu – Special Assistant on Micro Credit Owo
- P.O Orisamoloye – Special Assistant onTraditional & Community Service Ose
- Abayomi Janet – Special Assistant on Women Affairs Owo
- Ayo Adelakun – Special Assistant on Youth & Elders Council Ose
- Badejo Samuel – Special Assistant on Traditional Institutions Owo
- Saturday Ebitome – Special Assistant on Non Indigene Ose
- Ajayi Adams – Special Assistant on Non Indigene Owo
- Gbenga Adeniyi – Special Assistant on Projects Monitoring Ose
- Bankole Adeyefa – Special Assistant on Traditional Institution & Community Services Owo
- Dupe Owoka – Special Assistant on Women Affairs Ose
- Bimbo Bayode – Special Assistant on Micro Credit Scheme Owo
- Adewale Caleb – Special Assistant on Micro Credit Scheme Ose
- Adeyemi Olusegun – Special Assistant on Project Monitoring Owo
- Ayo Awoniyi – Special Assistant on Special Interest Ose